TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CONDITIONS AND GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- These terms and conditions apply to bookings of all activities and equipment.
- You must know how to swim.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult, or have written permission signed by an adult.
- Maximum weight 120kg. Maximum height: 2m (please contact us if you reach the maximum permitted or are over).
- Please advise of any disability, illness or possible pregnancy before booking. Clients undertake not to be under the influence of alcohol, drugs and/or narcotics, or any medicine that might inhibit reaction capacity.
- Clients undertake to follow at all times directions given by the guide or instructor in charge of the activity.
- Menorca en Kayak and our guides cannot be held responsible for personal injury, lost or damaged equipment as a result of incorrect use and/or not following instructions.
- Advance booking essential. To confirm a booking, the total fee must be paid in full.
- MENORCA EN KAYAK reserves the right to modify timetables or cancel any activity for safety reasons due to weather conditions.
- MENORCA EN KAYAK´s responsibility begins at the start of the booked activity.
- The contract and responsibility of MENORCA EN KAYAK covers exclusively the instructors’ job and the organisation of the activity.
- Making a payment implies full acceptance of our terms and conditions. Clients are to make their own way to the start of the activity (please enquire which ones have a transfer service included).
- Menorca en Kayak reserves the right to refuse admission to persons who might be under the above mentioned influence.
- We reserve the right to alter and modify our terms and conditions with no previous notice to clients. We do our utmost to fulfill booking terms. Our cancelation policy cannot be modified.
- We recommend all clients have their own medical/travel insurance.
- Any claims or complaints against Menorca en Kayak will be dealt with in Mahón courts and tribunals.
For all equipment rentals, clients are to sign the following text:
“I hereby accept all responsibility for my own safety during the rental period. I am aware that sea kayaking involves some risk and I shall be aware of these risks while in the sea. I shall return the equipment in the same condition I received it. If the equipment is not returned during the stipulated period of time or is in any way damaged, MENORCA EN KAYAK reserves the right to claim any extra costs incurred by the delay or the damage to the equipment.”
No refunds or cancellations of booked equipment if weather conditions are not to the client’s satisfaction (rain, wind, etc).
No refund of the pre-booking fee once completed.
CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR SEA KAYAK RENTAL
- For rentals of several days, some sea kayaking experience is necessary. For those with insufficient experience, you would need to take a basic sea kayaking course beforehand, and go with an instructor on some kayaking trips of several hours.
- Advance booking essential, through payment of a deposit of 20% of the total amount.
- To confirm the booking, the client must pay the total amount in full.
GUIDED ROUTES OVER SEVERAL DAYS (sea kayak)
- We run guided routes for a minimum of one person in organized groups (see calendar for dates) and a minimum of 4 people for private parties. Groups are no more than 8 – 10 people, with a qualified guide for every 7 kayaks.
- We use single sea kayaks. A double sea kayak is always included as a safety measure and can also be requested by the client when making the booking.
- The group is at all times assisted by qualified guide-instructors during the tour.
Some sea kayaking experience is necessary for guided routes that last several days.
For those with insufficient experience, you would need to take a basic sea kayaking course beforehand, and go with an instructor on some kayaking trips of several hours.
CONDITIONS AND REQUISITES
Minimum age: 14 years.
BOOKING GUIDED ROUTES
Advance booking essential, through payment of a deposit of 20% of total amount.
To confirm the booking, the client must pay the total amount in full.
- We organise trips for a minimum of 2 people
- We use double sit on top kayaks. Single kayaks are used only if there are odd numbers or by special request when a client makes a booking and if the instructor considers it advisable.
- Throughout the trip, the group is accompanied by a qualified guide-instructor.
- Paddling is quite straightforward. Basic paddling techniques are explained before setting out, so everyone can manage the excursion easily. During the excursion there are several breaks for a rest.
- You need to be at the meeting point 15-20 minutes before the start of the activity. Please ensure you arrive in plenty of time. The group might leave without you if you are late. If this occurs, your booking is not refunded.
No previous experience is needed or any particular level of fitness for the guided excursions to:
- BEACHES OF SA TORRETA AND COLOM ISLAND (2,30h)
- SUNSET IN ES GRAU (2.30h)
- SNORKELLING IN THE NATURAL PARK (3h)
ROUTE OF THE CAVES (4h)
If you have some sea kayaking experience, or you have done one of the previous excursions, you can go on the following:
NATURAL PARK ROUTE (6h)
CONDITIONS AND REQUISITES
– BEACHES OF SA TORRETA AND COLOM ISLAND: 4 years
– SUNSET IN ES GRAU: 4 years
-SNORKELLING IN THE NATURAL PARK: 12 years
– ROUTE OF THE CAVES: 12 years
– NATURAL PARK ROUTE: 12 years
BOOKING OF GUIDED TOURS
Advance booking essential.
To confirm booking, the total amount is to be paid in full.
Prices are per person (except prices for groups), VAT included. Prices include all technical and safety equipment: kayak, life vest, paddle, dry bag, wetsuit and helmet (when necessary) and a qualified guide. Clients are to book other services (accommodation, transport, etc) themselves, although this can occasionally be organised through MENORCA EN KAYAK.
1 – All our activities are subject to sea and weather conditions, meaning that MENORCA EN KAYAK may have to modify or cancel activities, including once the activity has started, in which case the client may defer the activity or have a full refund.
2 – The client may cancel or change the booking, refunds being subject to the following charges:
An administration fee of 20€, plus for cancellations:
- Over 15 days in advance, a cancellation fee of 20% of the total amount.
- Between 14 and 5 days in advance, a cancellation fee of 25% of the total amount.
- Less than 5 days in advance, a cancellation fee of 30% of the total amount.
- Less than 24 hours in advance, a cancellation fee of 100% of the total amount.
– If serious health or family reasons prevent the client from continuing the activity, 50% of the remainder of the rent fee or guided route of several days will be refunded.
– Failure to turn up on the day and time designated by MENORCA EN KAYAK entails paying the booking in full.
3. The price of the activities includes accident and liability insurance.
Full details and conditions of insurance are available and can be sent on request.
4. Once the booking is confirmed, the client accepts all General Terms listed. Should a booking be made in someone else’s name, the person making the booking accepts each and every Term.